Teams entered for the RSPC Pink Polo are:
2017 RSPC PINK POLO TOURNAMENT
Dates: 3rd to 8th October 2017.
Playing Venues: Royal Selangor Polo Club.
Handicap Range: Teams of -2 to 0 handicaps may enter.
Entry Fee: MYR 8,000.00 per team.
Payable to: Royal Selangor Polo Club.
Entry Closing Date: 15th September 2017.
Limits: No more than eight teams may enter on a first come – first served basis.
Tournament Committee: By appointment of the Royal Selangor Polo Club.
Tournament Director: Peter Ibrahim Abisheganaden
- Players are to form their own teams to enter this tournament.
- Teams must play with at least three female players per team.
- One male player per team will be allowed to play, subject to the following rules:
- The male player may not score from inside the 60 yard line.
- The male player may not take the following penalties:
- Penalty 2
- Penalty 3
- Penalty 4
- Penalty 6
- Matches will be played over four (4) chukkas, and shall be played straight.
- This tournament shall be played as a handicap tournament.
- The Tournament Director shall devise a format of play for the tournament.
- All games shall be played under the Hurlingham Rules of Polo.
- The entry fee is payable upon submission otherwise it is not considered an entry.
- Any entry submitted after the closing of entries on 15th September 2017 is subject to acceptance by the Tournament Committee and an additional late entry surcharge of 50% if accepted.
- There shall be no refund of entry fees for any team that withdraws from the tournament after an entry has been made.
- Any team that withdraws from the tournament after the draw has been made shall be subject to a fine of 100% of the entry fee, and shall be referred to RSPC’s Disciplinary Committee.
- A tournament draw shall be held not less than two weeks before the start of the tournament. Teams must send representatives to this draw, where the format, dependant on the number of teams entered, will be explained.
- The Team Declaration has to be submitted to the Tournament Director by 25th September 2017 for promotional purposes. All players shall use the team declaration form to declare their handicaps.
- The handicap that a player holds in HPA, AAP, USPA or RMPA or in the player’s home country shall be used.
- Teams shall not have more than two non-South East Asian based players in their team.
- Any team wishing to use a company name as their team name must apply for permission to the Tournament Committee to do so.
- Teams shall be prepared to play in the team jerseys if provided by the tournament sponsors. Teams that do not wish to wear the supplied jerseys shall apply for permission to the Tournament Director to wear their own jerseys.
- Players and teams entering this tournament must be in good standing with the Royal Malaysian Polo Association and the Royal Selangor Polo Club.
- Teams will be responsible for all their own horse costs including stabling, in-situ quarantine charges, floating and miscellaneous charges.
- The Tournament Director will decide on, and engage umpires for this tournament.
- Teams must be prepared to play postponed matches at any time during the duration of the tournament.
- RSPC reserves the right to play matches at other venues in the Klang Valley. Any costs of moving horses and other costs related to playing at a different location shall be borne by teams.
- Teams shall provide two suitable ponies on at least two occasions during the tournament for umpiring duties.
- Visiting players must sign RSPC’s Waiver Form before taking to the field.
- Insurance is player’s own.
To download a PDF with these rules, please click here: 2017 RSPC Pink Polo Tournament Rules
Entry Form: 2017 RSPC Pink Polo Entry Form
Team Declaration: 2017 RSPC Team Declaration Form
Malaysian Women’s Handicap List as at December 2016: Malaysian Ladies Handicap List December 2016